The prime accused responsible for the Ahmedabad serial bomb blasts case in 2008, Mohammad Shahid Nagori, was remanded to nine days police custody by a local court on Monday.
"The people of India join me in condemning the attack in the strongest terms. We stand in solidarity and sympathy with the bereaved families, the injured and the people of the United States," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said, expressing shock and sadness over the attack.
Several mega cities in the US, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Washington, have been put on alert after two explosions in Boston.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday accused the Congress again of planning to redistribute people's property if it is voted to power, but stopped short of saying that the wealth would go to Muslims.
Alam, a resident of Gola Bazaar in Gorakhpur, was picked up from Kolkata in December last year for his alleged involvement in the blasts. Alam, an employee at the West Bengal government's Power Department, is presently being interrogated by the police. ''The STF realised its folly during the interrogation. He is expected to be released soon,'' the official said.
Shoaib Pottanikal, 49, was arrested by a team of Ahmedabad Crime Branch sleuths
Was some area in poll-bound Andhra Pradesh the real target of the two bombs that exploded in Chennai Central railway station early today?
A key accused in the 2006 Kozhikode twin bomb blast case was on Thursday made approver by the CBI Special court.
Salem has accepted that his role was that of supplier of arms and ammunition.
Two members of Hindu right wing group Sanathan Sanstha were on Tuesday sentenced to ten years' rigorous imprisonment by a court in Mumbai for their role in carrying out three bomb blasts in Thane and Panvel in 2008.
Most of the casualties were from Sarojini Nagar where 43 people died, while 18 were killed in Paharganj
Nine persons arrested in connection with the 2006 bomb blasts in Maharashtra's Malegaon town on Saturday moved a special court here seeking bail.
The duo, who were arrested from their residences, were allegedly involved in the conspiracy of bomb blast and were actively helping Charanjit Singh, already in police custody, in preparation of IED and procurement of the explosive material.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Jitendra Rana said the main accused Kundan Kumar was arrested from Ekangalsarai in Nalanda district.
Pakistan on Thursday condemned the string of bomb blasts in Bangladesh which killed 2 persons and injured at least 140, saying they were a 'vicious act of terrorism.'
Two of the accused in the July 11 Mumbai serial bomb blasts case were subjected to narco-analysis tests at the Lady Bowring and Curzon hospital in Bangalore for the second successive day on Thursday.
Nadda said the investigating agencies had nabbed one accused from Azamgarh and another from Jaunpur.
The Maharashtra government will challenge the acquittal of eight persons in the December 2002 Ghatkopar bomb blast case in one month in which two people were killed and 49 injured.
A child was killed and nine persons injured on Thursday in a bomb blast on a residential area in northwest Pakistani city of Peshawar, hours after terrorists struck in Lahore and Kohat leaving 41 people dead.
Imran Rehman Khan is believed to have fled to Dubai in October last year after leaving 'instructions' to carry out a blast at a crowded place.
Four persons, accused of planning and executing the bomb blast in a BEST bus on December 2, have been remanded to police custody till January 17.
Insurgents opened fire on a passenger train in Pakistan's Balochistan province, injuring the driver and prompting security guards aboard the train to fire back. The attack occurred in the Bolan district on the Jaffar Express from Quetta to Peshawar. The train was stopped by armed men in Tunnel No 8, and efforts are being made to contact the passengers and staff. The Balochistan government has ordered emergency measures and all institutions remain active.
It's unlikely that human bombs were used in Wednesday's triple blasts in Mumbai. Vicky Nanjappa tells you why.
After having failed to make any breakthrough in the serial bomb blasts case in the Bodh Gaya's Mahabodhi temple in Bihar, the National Investigation Agency has released sketches of five suspects including a foreign national, police officials on Tuesday said.
The Bombay high court has set aside a lower court order which had kept the trial against a bomb blast accused in abeyance as he was facing charges in another case under the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act. Rakesh Dhawade, accused in a blast which occurred in Masjid at Jalna in 2004, had challenged the order of a sessions court, in which the judge held that the case should be kept in abeyance in view of Section 10 of MCOCA.
The suspect, Saquib Nachan, feared that the cops might kill him in a fake encounter.
Life terms for 15 for 1993 serial train blasts
A foreign national has been arrested by Pakistani security agencies in connection with the car bomb blast outside the house of the 2008 Mumbai terror attack mastermind and chief of the banned Jamat-ud-Dawa (JuD) Hafiz Saeed in Lahore, according to media reports.
Rafiq, a suspect in the Hyderabad bomb blasts that killed 42 people, was on Thursday subjected to a narco-analysis test, the second one to be conducted on himsince last week.
A police constable was on Thursday killed in a pressure bomb blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district.
Khanwilkar said in his chamber that since fellow judge on the division bench Justice P D Kode was recently transferred to the Nagpur bench of the court, the judgement was not yet ready.
United Progressive Alliance chairperson and Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Saturday said that the twin bomb blasts that rocked Hyderabad recently were the handiwork of forces inimical to India's progress.
The improvised explosive device, planted in a van in the Railway Colony market at Bamunimaidan, went off at around 11.45 am.
Salem had pleaded that he should be tried along with Sanjay and others while Central Bureau of Investigation argued that the trial should be separate.
The 1993 serial bomb blast case, in which final verdict was delivered by the Supreme Court on Thursday, was historic in many ways.
The Australian cricket board (Cricket Australia) is concerned after the bomb blasts that rocked Hyderabad on Thursday, but Cricket Australia has said there is 'no reason to doubt' that the match would go ahead as planned.
The Central Bureau of Investigation on Monday suffered a setback with the Supreme Court acquitting three alleged terrorists sentenced to life imprisonment in the case relating to the bomb blast at the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangha office in Chennai in 1993 in which 11 people were killed.